Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Class All Day, Fiesta All Night, And Barcelona In The Morning

February 19th,

I wanted to sleep in as I knew I would be going out late and not sleeping much tonight before heading to Barcelona the next day.  I laid in my bed until 8:45 deciding whether or not I would miss my 9:00am class.  I couldn't.  Not when I was capable of going.  I got up, not bothering to shower or eat breakfast, quickly dressed, grabbed a tangerine and ran over to the facultad making it to class on time.

Sistema Política de la Unión Europea was good and I do like the subject material.  I came back to my apartment and instead of going back to sleep which I should have done, I worked on other tasks.  I had a late breakfast/early lunch of all of the rice and chicken I'd made the day before.  Jon called around 2 and came over so we could work on a project for Relaciones Internacionales.

Before my last class that afternoon, I went to Cortés Ingles to look for a gift for Alex and Vanessa.  I wanted to bring them some wine or olive oil that Andalucía is known for but I can't bring liquids on the plane.  I bought them some traditional Granadino pastries instead.

I went back home, changed into my salsa clothes and then went to Teoría del Estado.  After class I was feeling tired and knew that I would be going out later as it was the good bye party of Federica and three of the people from my program, so I decided to skip Salsa and go home to take a nap.

I fell asleep instantly and woke up an hour and a half later to my alarm.  The smart thing to do would be to learn to say "no, thanks" to the invitations, sleep and not go out, but this year in Spain is one of a kind and I'm trying to do it all.  I headed back over in the direction I'd just came to Federica's piso.  The goodbye party was a lot of fun and I talked with new and "old" friends and had some great homemade paella made by one of the Spaniards.  After saying goodbye to Federica, I headed over to "Chupetería 69" where I met up with everyone from my program who were celebrating the birthday of two students and the goodbyes of three others.  I hung out until about 3:30am before returning home.

Because I would have to catch my bus to the airport a little after 6:30 for my 8:30 flight to Barcelona, I decided against taking a nap (I wanted to avoid another Santander fiasco).  I skyped my mom and brother and then took a shower.  I packed my bag and was out the door by 6:00am to begin the next adventure.

No comments: