Monday, February 9, 2009

The Refinement of an Image

February 2nd

I woke up around 1pm having slept hard from the night before.  It was a little later than I had wanted to get up as when I was eating my breakfast in the kitchen, Antonio was coming back from a final to take a siesta.

It was raining again as I headed back up to the Facultad de Filosofía y Letras to return my books that I had borrowed from the library.  Nathalie had given me an extra bus card so I took the "U" line up the hill to Cartuja.

After dropping off the books and taking the bus back down to the centro, I went to the Mercado Central to buy some fresh produce.  I had come during siesta so everything was closed except one butcher stand run by a nice, older lady.  I bought some chicken breast and eggs.

Back home I made some lunch before studying for my third exam of Estructura Social Contemporánea.  The landlord came around 8:00pm and I paid him for February as I won't be here later in the week.

That evening,  Antonio and I made an excellent stir fry for dinner and I talked to some friends from high-school and college on facebook.  With the addition of the new film poster, I felt my room was finished with decorations.  I'm so lucky to have this opportunity and am excited for the upcoming adventures.

No comments: