Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Day For Personal Recovery

February 25th,

With this blog, it is sometimes difficult to write about what I did during the day when it doesn't necessarily cast me in the best of light.  Today is a good example of that, as I took the day off to dedicate it to personal recovery and to prevent me from becoming sick.  Although I do feel guilty to miss a full day of school when I have plans to attend Carnival this weekend in Cádiz, I also realized that if I didn't take the day off, I would risk becoming ill like I was in January and being unable to attend class nor any of the exciting events that will be taking place this Spring in Spain. During this once in a lifetime opportunity, from taking challenging classes in Spanish to attending incredible festivals I'm trying to do it all and will look forward to reflecting on this amazing year once I return home.  

I woke up at 12:00pm after having slept for close to 12 hours.  Heiko was feeling sick too, so we shared what breakfast food we had left and had a great breakfast of oatmeal, yogurt, tea, juice and fruit out on Heiko's balcony in the sun.  

Today was dedicated to personal recovery, so I drank a lot of water and ate a lot of fruit high in vitamin C.  Heiko and I cleaned the apartment while listening to the soundtrack from Slumdog millionaire which I still have to see.

I emailed the job offer in Barcelona and will have my interview with them next week over the phone.  It will be a tough decision if I am offered it as although it would be a 1000 dollar stipend, I would have to find housing in Barcelona and I am still not sure if I would be able to take my final exams early as the job starts in mid-June.

Jon came over as I had asked him what I had missed in Relaciones Internacionales and Master Tutorial.  I guess today had been a good day to miss as in Releaciones Internacionales she ended class an hour early and in Master Tutorial they didn't do much at all.  Jon and I want to do another trip together and we have been talking about Egypt but with the recent terrorist attack in Cairo we might reconsider.

I made some pasta for dinner and talked to Alberto about film.  We agree that we should do a "mutually beneficial" collaboration project as the fact that making a film in Spain would be great for me and if I brought it to the US it would be great for him.

I spent the evening updating this blog as I had let it slip behind the last week and a half.  The day of rest seemed to work, as I feel better and will take the next few days easy before Carnival this weekend in Cádiz.

No comments: