Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The End Of A Great Weekend

February 22nd

I woke up around 12:00, took a shower, cleaned the apartment and repacked my bag before Alex came to pick me up at 1:00.  As we drove through the city, I told him about the night.  We drove to the building that will be his new dojo.  The space is really nice and right in the center of the Barcelona, next to the police stations and close to La Sagrada Familia.  We then picked up Vanessa and drove to an "American Style Diner" for lunch.

For my last day of tourism, we drove up to the Mountain of Montjüic and toured the Castle of Montjüic and military museum.  The views from the high walls of the Mediterranean sea were beautiful.  The castle had been built over 1300 years ago.

We walked around the mountain before driving back down to the city.  We went for ice cream at a really good local spot that they knew and then drove toward the airport.  I said goodbye and thanks for a great weekend.

The rest of the travel day went smoothly.  I ran into one of the old monitores from the summer in the line to board the plane.  I had the middle seat on the way back but still managed to sleep.

Back in Granada, I boarded the bus to the centro that took about an hour although it did conveniently drop me off right next to my house at Puerta Real.  Back home I dropped off all of my stuff in my room, made dinner and showered.  Everyone else came home from their weekend in Carnival and it sounded like everyone had a great time.  I was exhausted from the weekend and the non-stop days from the week before.  I quickly fell asleep. 

No comments: