Sunday, November 30, 2008

All With My Computer While Sitting At My Desk In My Room

November 30th

This last day of November I spent catching up with family, planning future trips, and finishing up school assignments.

After sleeping for close to 10 hours, I got up late around 12:00 and went for a run across wet, cobble streets up toward the Mirador de San Nicolas in the Albayzín.  I had to stop as my legs really hurt and I felt like I was doing more harm then good while running.  I walked back to my apartment from Calle Elvira.

I took a screaming fast shower as Antonio's room immediately floods when the hot water is turned on.  The plumbers are hopefully coming tomorrow.

I then sat in front of my computer for more or less the rest of the day.  What would be perceived as being unproductive had someone observed my physical actions, was the exact opposite as I skyped many of my relatives, receiving a great "tour" of the new "three-seasons room" and redone basement of my Aunt and Uncle's house in Wisconsin, catching up with my brother and Mom, and talking to my Grandparents in Los Angeles.

My friend Jon from the program called me, and we organized our trip to Prague.  My winter break is now officially maxed out.  I'll be in Italy for Christmas, Granada for New Years with Prague and an Eastern Europe tour to top it off!  A sincere "thank you" to my generous relatives who have made these trips possible.  I'll be flying an indirect route to Prague as the cheapest deals on Ryanair were to book two separate flights.  On January 1st,  I'll be leaving Malaga to Dublin,  getting in late to Dublin, sleeping in/arriving early to the Dublin airport to catch a 6:00am flight to Prague.  I've never booked two separate flights for one intended destination but the prices were cheap and I think it should work out.

The rest of the day I spent finishing my large, hour and a half presentation about the "Social Class Hierarchy of the United States" that I will give tomorrow.  I think it looks pretty good although I'm little nervous to speak that long of a time in front of the class in Spanish.  Hope they don't mind me reading from my notes as I can't memorize a presentation that long.  


No comments: