Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Great Run

November 8th

It was a beautiful Saturday morning.  Lacing up my new shoes, I jogged down to the river at the end of my street and ran in the direction of the Sierra Nevada mountains.  Running along the river was really beautiful as the part in the city center is lined with manicured paths, hedges, palm trees, and cobblestone sidewalks.  About 20 minutes into the run, I left the city and entered the country side.  The trail turns into the National Park but I didn't go exploring any of the paths as I hadn't run in a while and I could feel that I was out of shape.  An hour and a half in total, it felt great to finally run and to explore a new place as well.

That afternoon I planned future trips and updated my couchsurfing profile.

Our friends from Italy and France came over and after hanging out in our apartment for a little while, Antonio took us to the "Sala de Tren" discotheque a little outside the city for a live rock concert and all night rave. 

No comments: