Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Update Coming Soon

November 18th

This is a quick message to let you know that I had a great time in Dublin!  I traveled with 6 other students from my program and I stayed with my friend Joe from UCSD in his on campus apartment at University College Dublin.  We crammed a lot in three days, with my favorite things including a tour of the Guinness factory, picnic in St. Steven's Green, visiting Trinity college, and enjoying the Dublin nightlife.  Dublin was a beautiful city and we lucked out with having great weather (it only rained the last night we were there).  I returned to Granada on Sunday.  I'll load up photos and write about the trip when I have time.

The shoe has dropped in regards to work.  All five of my classes have very large "trabajos," multifaceted projects that require outside research.  I have to give a presentation tomorrow and have two essays due next week.  I will be giving a large presentation (accompanied by a 20 page minimum paper) for my Contemporary Social Structure class about the United States.  My professor wants me to talk about the United States but also talk about my own life.  I'll then field questions from the class about America.  Should be interesting and I am excited to complete the project.

These next few weeks will be difficult, but I'm ready for the challenge and look forward to doing well.

No comments: