Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Busy Wednesdays

October 29th

Mondays and Wednesdays are my busiest days as I have 4 out of my 5 classes and salsa lessons. 

I enjoyed my International Relations class although my professor was very critical of US foreign policy.  I try to ask a lot of questions and am always willing to engage in discussion and debate about the United States with my professor or other students.

Salsa dancing was great.  We had a "competition" in class to see who had best mastered the partner steps.  My partner and I lost, but I have improved significantly since the first day.

My afternoon classes were enjoyable as we voted for a "class delegate" in my Analysis of Public Policy class and I turned in my project proposal for my Contemporary Social Structure class.  The delegate will act as a liaison between the students and professor and will argue for less work or a change of material.  For my project, in which we have to choose a subject involving our country, I want to discuss the idea of "Who is an American?" and the idea of an American identity.

I ran into my friends Maggie, Jessica, and Kendra and we went to a cool, "bohemian," cafe for some excellent hot chocolate (the hot chocolate here is more like "sludge" as it is very thick and has a ratio of chocolate to milk of probably 3:1).  During our conversation the power went out and stayed out.  Receiving change for my bill was interesting as I only had a twenty and received a piggy-bank size amount of change.  Its a cash society here so I'll have many opportunities to use them.


No comments: