Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veteran's Day

November 11th

I went for a run in the Parque de Federico García Lorca.  Its a pretty park and I did four laps around the large perimeter.  

I bought a book for Teoría del Estado that I will use the rest of the year and then also made "future investments" by purchasing a "Tapas cook book," and a Spanish dictionary (as in a dictionary that is only in Spanish.  It has a lot more words and is more in depth than my Spanish-English ones).

Heiko and I ate in the comedor and then I returned to the piso to send emails about planning my trip back home and maybe doing a trip with a program to Morocco.

Both of my classes turned out to be canceled, so I did some reading before meeting up with my old monitor, Monica, at the "Bohemían Jazz Café" for some hot chocolate.  I had fun having a full conversation in Spanish.

For dinner, I made hamburgers in the frying pan. This is a big deal for me as I had never done that before and I had a dinner that did not incorporate pasta or rice (I used potatoes instead for starch).  

I purchased my tickets for Santander, a city in Northern, "green Spain," where my friend Mike Hirschman is studying abroad.  I'm trying to visit places where I have friends.

No comments: