Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Nice Walk

November 2nd

I had a lot of homework and organizing to do, but I also wanted to explore the spots that I still haven't seen in Granada.  I decided to go for a walk because I knew if I didn't, I would be cooped up all day inside.

I looked at the map and decided between walking in the direction of the Sierra Nevadas or to the Parque de Ciencías.  There is a forest that begins at the base of the mountains but Antonio told me its a 45 minute run to get there, so I decided to walk to the science park.  

The temperature was cold but sunny as I walked along the river bank that had filled up quite a bit with the constant rains.  I stopped at the Palacio doe los Congressos to admire the Alhambra.

I took the long way to get to the park, stopping to look at my map in the middle of a grassy area almost to the freeway.  I doubled back and eventually wrapped my way round to the entrance of the park.  The park is really a science museum that you have to pay to enter.  The price is reasonable and there is a student discount, but it was going to close in an hour and I decided to come back another day.

Back at my piso I read for my classes and enjoyed the different European author perspectives about the French Revolution and the French Riots of 2005.

Blake came over at 8:00 and we had some frozen pizzas while we looked for flights for Italy.  Ryanair's tickets had gotten really expensive (you have to buy them right away about 2 months out) but we found some reasonable prices on Spain's best airline, Iberia.

We walked over to the "Boogaclub" jazz club for the weekly Sunday night jam session.  It was packed, but we had a good time listening to the music and talking with our Erasmus friends.

No comments: