Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Thanksgiving Potluck

November 27th

The problems with the heating have also affected our hot water.  My fast-as-possible-freezing-cold-shower was the  worst shower that I've had since my cistern, bucket shower in Guatemala.

Despite a rough start to the morning, I was really productive and spent a solid 4 hours working on my project due monday for my Contemporary Social Structure class.

At 2:00, my friends Maggie and Kendra, who I hadn't seen in a long time from my program, came over.  I made fresh pasta and marinara sauce.

I had class late until 8:00pm but as soon as I was done, I headed over to my friend Rachel's house in Cartuja who was hosting a Thanksgiving potluck.  The food was great and it was a lot of fun to see everyone from the program as we're all spread out around the city and its difficult to meet up with all 50 students.

We welcomed in the weekend by heading out to kereoke bar in the Realejo.  I placed my jacket along side everyone else's and we hung out until closing.  I still hope that it wasn't malicious, but when I went back to get my jacket it was no where to be found.  Everyone else had theirs and no one had seen mine.  I asked the bartenders if there was a lost and found but they said that if they hadn't seen it while cleaning up it was probably gone.  An additional bummer is that my gloves and hat were in the pockets.  I'll have to buy a new jacket as its too cold not to have one.  Still, I was lucky that I hadn't lost anything more significant like my wallet or passport.  

No comments: