Sunday, November 30, 2008

I like Skype!

November 26th

My morning classes were good, although I will have a big group project due on the subject of "Imperialism" the following month.  Salsa was great.  I went grocery shopping (its really shocking to see how expensive food is, how much I eat, and how often I need to go to the store.  The past two years I've shopped on my own, but I still relied mostly on the dining halls).

I did some last minute studying for my midterm exam in Contemporary Social Structure.  The professor had told us to "study the texts and notes as that what would be on test," but as it turned out the two free response questions were very broad and didn't even ask about anything from the reading.  I think my first midterm went well although I'll have to wait for my grade to be sure.

Back home, I was the only one there and I decided to wait around for the landlord to come at 8:00pm.  In the mean time I skyped my brother in Wisconsin where he was deerhunting and I was able to get the video chat somewhat working so I gave my family in Wisconsin a "tour" of my apartment.  Its a really amazing technology.

The landlord came over and he was furious with the plumbers and apologized to all of us.  Instead of running, I ate a frozen pizza and had German Christmas cookies and hot chocolate from Heiko.  ¡Viva España!

I worked on my Powerpoint presentation for my solo, hour and half presentation that I will give about the "Social Class Hierarchy of the United States," and then am expected to discuss my "personal life" or my own experience of growing up in my country.  I'm excited for the presentation although I'm nervous to be speaking for that long of a time.  

Before going to bed, I caught up on the news and read about the terrible terrorist attack in Mumbai.  Really horrible.  Also scary that Americans were being targeted specifically.  Another significant and salient reality of being from the United States of America.

No comments: