Friday, November 21, 2008

Busy at School

November 17th

My classes were interesting but busy.  The professors have really started to pick things up.  I received a high grade (I don't know what exactly) in my history class.  There is no such thing as student confidentiality here in Spain as the Professor announced to the class who had done well.  I was one of the few names he read.  He said I had done a good job although my control of the language needs improvement.

Salsa was intense.  We did some new moves where we bend the girls down, suspended to the floor, step over them and continue with the movements.

Went grocery shopping, had lunch, and then received a message from my cousin, Mack, about his recommendations for my trip to Italy.  More on that as the trip develops.

I have a large presentation to give on Wednesday for my Public Policy class.  Little nervous but my powerpoint looks good.

For Contemporary Social Structure, I will have to give a large presentation about "the social stratification of the United States" and then also talk about my own life.  The professor wants the class to ask my questions.  I think it will be fun although a lot of work.

As I've been doing the same thing for years now, as I always debate whether I should cut my hair.  I went to the "peluquería" and got a nice, although very short haircut.  Part of me said to grow it out as I like how it looks long and I won't be able to have it long when I have a real job.  Now its short and I won't have to get another haircut for a year.

I had plans to run, eat dinner, and then read but instead we had a "family meeting" to discuss responsibilities of cleaning up and being considerate.  Despite some elevated voices, I think we got everything worked out.  Living with other people is a lot of fun but it is sometimes difficult to come to a position that everyone can agree on.

No comments: