Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Shoes and Table Tennis

November 7th

I like to take advantage of my time off...and use it to sleep.  I woke up around 11:45 and went out to look for new running shoes as I haven't run since summer and have been feeling pretty "sedentary" in regards to exercising since I've been here.  I had to look in a couple shops, but I eventually found a good pair that was reasonably priced.

After finalizing my registration with Inma, I went to the dining hall with Nathalie, Heiko, and one of their friends from Germany.  Back at my piso, I took time to read the newspaper and other articles online about the results of the election.  I finished the afternoon with a siesta.

That night I went with Heiko and a few of his friends to see a professional table tennis match between Spain and Germany.  I guess table tennis (I really just want to say ping pong) is really popular here in Europe.  It was a new experience for me and although it didn't galvanize me to want to train to become a pro table tennis player, I did find it cool to watch them volley as they stood so far back from the table.

Back at our apartment we had plans to go out and celebrate Friday night but in the end we took the night off and stayed in and talked over some tea.

No comments: